last Tuesday. As we were headed to Soldotna,
we saw a moose about 5 minutes before Coopers
Landing . . . then we stopped along the Russian
River to watch the fishermen pull in a "slew" of
Red Salmon. About 2 minutes after leaving the river,
we came across this Brown Bear in the center of the
highway. I pulled off quickly and Mom handed me
her camera. I got off a few shots before it disappeared
in the brush. It didn't seem overly frightened of us.
So, here Craig is, less than 2 hours in the State of Alaska,
and he sees a Moose, Red Salmon being caught, and a bear!!
Hardly seems fair right! ha.
I asked Ploy and Shelise if they would help me process
the eggs. Check out Ploy's expression - looks like
she's having a great time! ha.
Don't worry Ploy, "They don't BITE!!"
(Big Baby!!!)
Wow . . . check out the color of these babies!
You can't imagine the size difference of the King
Salmon eggs versus the Red Salmon eggs!
Incredible difference in size!!
Shelise's photo. Pretty fancy!!
Looks like one seed is getting ready to launch!
You can't imagine the size difference of the King
Salmon eggs versus the Red Salmon eggs!
Incredible difference in size!!
the little "fair" they put on every Saturday in the
summertime here and she couldn't resist
snapping a quick shot of this "groovy dude"
sitting in the side-car on a motorcycle.
Pretty funny!
headed to the Russian River to try our luck at catching
some of those Red's we saw folks pulling in the day
before.
Here's 3 of us trying our hand at it. Bryson, Preston
and yours truly. My spot by this tree turned out to
be the "hotspot". I hooked about a dozen here
and landed 3 of them (all in about 90 minutes). Craig and Preston
also caught one each in this same hole.
After landing my three,
I gave up the hole for the others to try and
I headed downstream.
Just before calling it a day, I slipped back into the hole
and told Shelise and Ploy that, "I get 10 'snag-throws'
before leaving", (it actually took me about 23), but
I hooked another one. Unfortunately, it came
out of the water and flipped off the hook. Dang!!!
Preston declared at the end of the day that, "Red
Salmon fishing is by far the best!" (He
hasn't had any luck with Kings yet)
Eat your hearts out!!!!
It was an awesome day. Because there were
record numbers of Reds in the early run this year,
they have increased the "bag limit" to 6 per
person/per day!!
We're going again in 2 DAYS!!! YES!!!!!!
Preston both lost 3 each in this hole as well.
We just couldn't keep them on the hook
long enough!
I had moved downstream by this time so I did not
see either of them land their fish. I caught
one more downstream, but the best spot
by far was right here by this tree.
Preston says, "I got first dibbs on the tree hole when
we return".
He'll have to fight me for it!!!!!
DO NOT TOUCH!!!!
lost interest. She and Shelise turned to "other
forms of entertainment"!
Here's an inch-worm they snagged and befriended!
the streamside.
shot of . . . . oh wait . . . that's Ploy!! haha.
CRAZY THAI WOMAN!!!!!!
that he "ALWAYS CATCHES THE SMALLEST FISH"!
I think Preston already ordered his 2010 summer return
ticket from Alaska airlines!!! ha! He's hooked!!
Dang I love Alaska!!! haha! Hey, Dallas,
the Freezer is already half full . . . . might have to
buy a bigger one this year!! haha.
salmon steak washing!
the size of an entire Red Salmon!! These little guys are "itty-bitty".
Our SLAUGHTER TABLE!!!
given out to all the fathers in the ward here.
Check out that nice 'spin n glo' plug! Pretty Awesome!!
white powdery marks you see on the right side of the
cabin are from "concrete dust" left on the siding when
we cut it. We didn't have time to clean it
all off before taking the photos today.
Looks pretty good, wouldn't you say? Wait till we
get landscaping and everything done . . . it will be an
awesome looking getaway place!
On Saturday, Craig and I worked from 7:30 am until
11:57 pm to get the front and the peak (right side) of this
first cabin sided. Mom thinks we're NUTS!! She's right of
course . . . but don't tell her I admitted it!!
gorgeous as usual here . . . .
lots of flowers again (enlarge to see everything). Ploy and
Shelise will be re-sealing the deck and all the
deck-posts over the next few weeks. Fun fun!!



1 comment:
AWESOME!!! Dallas is green with envy right now. He says it is no fair! haha. I agree. I would much rather be in Alaska right now! Why do we live in Arizona anyway!? The Cabins look great and looks like they are coming along quickly! A couple weeks ago Dallas walked out of jack in the box while he was at work and looked on the ground and found a $1.00 laying there. He came home that night and said he found the $1.00 bill that is going to win him the powerball. HAHAHHA. He is saving it for when the powerball gets really high then he says he is going to go and purchase the "winning" ticket. Hey...you never know..right!? (:
Post a Comment