birdseed on the deck. He loved us until Preston & Bryson
came up with the idea to TRAP & TERRIFY HIM!!!!
As you can see, a styrofoam ice chest was used as the trap.
Once they caught the little-guy, he chewed a hole right through
the side of the chest to escape. GO-SQUIRREL!!!! ha!
Bryson and Preston told me that after he had nibbled a hole
through the styrofoam, they picked up a small piece of it to
shove back through the hole, but when they did, the squirrel
grabbed at it and yanked it out of their hands . . I think it scared
the crap out of them!! ha . . . GO-SQUIRREL!!!!
the cabins arrived from China in late July. It came in a 40 foot
container. It took 6 of us 2.5 hours to unload it. Thank
goodness I had lots of good helpers!!
Bryson & Preston "man-handling" a box!
look at the muscles on these girls!!!
Pretty Cool !!!
It's made of bark and the base is
made from Date Wood.
I had them make the drawers quite deep,
this way the visitors can just "dump" the contents
of their suitcase right into the drawer!!
Oops . . . my error.
Watch for a finished shot later . . .

wild-looking flower is . . .but they're
some of Mom's many. . . .
in the front love . . .
Living room set in Cabin #3
A photo looking out from the big bedroom.
Kitchen and Table in Cabin #2
for the electrical cables (3) that we laid. We trenched
about 500 feet. Here's Craig . . . showing the ditch witch
who is BOSS!!
3 strands of electrical wire in (1-1-1 size). This is
very big wire!
Each of these spools of wire (1,000 feet per spool),
weighed 500lbs. We had Brown's Electric lift them onto
our homemade "WIRE-TRUCK" so that we could
roll out the wire. Our idea worked great! The two pieces
of 7 foot long pipe you see holding the wire spools cost $80!
I spent $1,500 per roll of wire! It was an expensive day!!
(Brown's price on the wire was HALF the price they
wanted at Home Depot . . paid to shop around)
layed and covered a good portion of the wire while
Craig and I operated the ditch-witch. It took two of us
to make the turns and help the machine along through the
wet and muddy parts. We were glad when this
job was over!!
working his magic!
Herman amazes me . . . if I'm in half the shape he is at his
Herman amazes me . . . if I'm in half the shape he is at his
age today . . . I'll be a happy camper!
Craig did an EXCEPTIONAL JOB on the painting. All 3 of us
worked on the siding and roofing of this shack!
Actually . . . this well house looks nicer than a lot of
folks' homes!!
tad bit different now??? ha!
Shelise . . here's where your "sweat shop" was. You
stained all those siding pieces right in front of
this refrigerator!!
Mom did an AWESOME job on picking the carpet,
linoleum and wall colors. Everything matches perfect!
into cabins #2 & #3. I have decided that Chinese
definitely DO NOT know how to make a comfortable
couch or living room chair! They should have either slanted
the backs of everything or made the cushion to slant.
We'll have to fix that! The furniture looks great!
The table in this photo weighed almost
as much as a piano!!! It dang near killed Craig and I!!
The furniture is bigger than I anticipated, so we
will have to arrange the rooms a little differently than I
had invisioned. We'll only be able to accomodate 7 fishermen
in cabin #3 instead of the 8 I had hoped for.
Don't worry . . . the bunkbed you see only has ONE
ladder . . . the extra is from the bed behind me in this photo.
socked feet - no shoes inside!! ha.). Actually,
we had just finished furnishing this one and it was about
quitting time.
of Cabin #3!! We'll have about 4 pickup loads of cardboard
to take to the dump.
Devyn . . . we all definitely like cabin #3 the best.
It's much more "roomy" than the others. Both styles are
nice . . but I like the bigger one better.
We're halibut fishing tomorrow and then we'll have only 3 working days
to finish . . . wish I had more time, but I'm ready
to come home . . . miss you all . . . Dad.



1 comment:
Hey Dad! The cabins look awesome inside!!! Everything turned out really nice! The furniture looks amazing too!!! I like it a lot! Wish I could be there to see it in person though..hhaha. Welp you only have 2 days left. Can't wait to see you! love you!
Post a Comment