Sunday, December 7, 2008

HARBON B HEAP ESTATE TRUST - MEMORABILIA

Here we are . . . . . the Magnificent Seven???!!!!  (haha) Shortly after Dad's funeral, prior to returning to the valley, I took photographs of just about everything I could find in the cabin that might have sentimental value to one or more of us.  Irene and I returned a week or so later, to clean the cabin and I found even more things to photograph, so below is a long line of photographs.  Some of the items may be individual "gifts" that you gave to Mom or Dad - if this is the case, please let me know which ones they are so that I can properly tag them.  It was Mom and Dad's will that all gifts be given back to the sibling that gave them.  Any of the below items that are not requested by someone at this time, will remain in the cabin in Alpine.  We have plenty of room and they can stay right where they sit at the present time.  Over the years, as you visit or memories return (I know the memories will take awhile to slowly return to all you "OLD ONES" amongst us - hahaha) some of you may desire to have one or more of these items and all you need to do is ask Diane or I for it.  I want to personally thank all of you for your kindness and generosity shown after Dad's death. . . . I had heard so many horror stories of siblings that were at each others throats over their parents' personal possessions - you have all made is so easy thus far on Diane and I. . . thank you!!  Good luck and have fun viewing these items. . . I know that some items will bring back good memories and others you will scratch your head and say. . . "I don't remember that!" Anyway. . . have fun strolling down memory lane here!!
 
The first item up for grabs here is Dad and Mom's pet rabbit that lives under the back porch of the cabin. . . . . if you can catch him he's yours!!

I can't remember when this copper pot was first purchased.  I just remember seeing it on the stove and above the fireplace once in awhile.  I think Mom used it as a "humidifier" of some sort. . . . maybe my memory's fading!!  Please let me know what you guys remember about this pot.  It needs a little cleanup, but with the right chemicals it should polish up really nice.

I know you'll all be fighting over this "baby" - haha.  This is the old knife Dad used to skin the beef's we butchered out in the quanset barn.  Tip is busted off, but I found it in a drawer in the cabin.

Mom's old pie server . . . . . now girls . . . . don't all of ya jump at the same time for this one!! 

This is a treasure!!  I'm certain the younger half of our gang remembers this keyboard!  Did this hang in Dad's real estate office, or did we have it in the house for awhile.  Someone please refresh this old fart's memory. . . thank you!

After our reunion in Mexico, Dad really got into the shells!  He has several of these "custom" decorated masterpieces . . . . so put your "dibbs" in for one while they're still available! ha.  I think it was great  - they gave him something to do up in Alpine besides watering trees and reading all those investments brochures he got.  If you would like one of these let me know.  One of them is made with shells he and Mom collected in Florida and the balance are from shells from our Mexico reunion to Rocky Point.




Unverifiable, but I believe, guys, that this is THE FRYING PAN which is undeniably named "DAMN IT".   You should all remember it. ha.
Don't know when Mom bought these or started using them, but they're still around and I remember them.

Here's a second pair that I remember.  Are these newer than the first set above?

Remember this pitcher?  It also has a partial set of glasses.  There are only a handful of glasses.  They are pictured below.

The "younger" half of us should remember these green plastic cups.  These are the only two I can find in the cupboards.

Here are the 5 glasses that match the pitcher above.  Four large ones and one small one.

I remember these glasses but this is the only one left.

Here's the old syrup cup. . . at least that's what I remember it holding.  Does everyone remember this piece?

I believe this cookie jar set was in St. Johns for awhile. . . . correct me if I am wrong.  It has been in Alpine since Mom and Dad built the home there.  Still in excellent shape, probably cause it has stayed away from "little" hands for so long.

Don't know if any of you gave one of these creatures to Mom, but here's four small ones.

I don't recognize this plate??  Maybe one of you girls will.

Mom still has several bells.  She has kept them in her china hutch in Alpine for years.  If any of you gave her one, please let me know and we'll mark it accordingly.

For some reason I remember this bell - I believe it was one of her older ones.

Here's one for anyone that's a "Southwest" decor fan.  Mom probably got this one down in the valley somewhere.  Maybe Fountain Hills??

I don't remember this fancy pooch. . . . maybe you guys do.

Liberty Bell . . . 

Can't remember if I gave this one to Mom or not. . . . if it's from one of you or if you remember them getting this in New York Brian. . . let me know.  thanks

Don't remember this Nick-Knack.

Don't know when or when Mom got this all leather (thick leather) purse.

I don't remember much about this "picture"?  Maybe one of you girls remember this??


You should all remember this one!  We ALL used it!  It sits next to the Master bathroom in the Alpine home and we use it daily when we're there.  It is probably a "small" dirty clothes hamper by today's standards. . . . but this holds memories!  I will have it professionally refinished if no one has a burning desire for this one.

Here's a cowboy soap dish.  One of the legs is broken on the tub, so he's a little wobbly.  Don't remember how old this is or when Mom got it.

Any of you remember where this piece hung?  Was it in St. Johns?  I remember seeing it often.

This is an old briefcase of Dads.  I don't remember it, but maybe some of you older guys do.

Turkey toothpick holder.  Don't remember this one at all.

Here's one of 7 ice cream cups . . . . at least that's what I remember Mom using them for, that are sitting in her China hutch.

Don't know anything about this piece.  Maybe from one of the South American missionaries?

Here's a cream and sugar set - one of Mom's old pieces.  I think one of the girls ought to have these.

We found this photo in Dad's stuff.  It's a photo of the old John Henry Heap Home in St. Johns.  It was part of a calendar that someone put together in the 80's.  We'll have it professionally copied and get you all a print of it.

Don't know where Mom & Dad got this . . . any of you remember?

I remember this swan in Mom's bedroom in St. Johns.  It's older.


This wagon cookie jar is a wedding gift given to Mom and Dad from Uncle Harry and Aunt Ora.

I believe this is the old "coin holder" cup Mom had on the built in shelves behind her bedroom door in St. Johns.  I remember getting it down on Sundays and spreading all the old pennys an Indian nickels on her bed and looking at the dates on them.

Don't remember this cup.  Anyone remember it?

Don't remember this one either.  Any of you?

I don't remember this small swan either.

Was this from you Peg?  Let me know.

Anyone remember this donkey?  

Mr. Piggy . . . . I don't have any memories of this guy.  Anyone?

This piece looks like an older one.  Anyone remember it?

Peg, is this another one of yours?  I don't remember it.

I can't recall where Mom had this hung.  Someone please refresh my memory.  Let me know if you want it.

Here's a treasure - Dad's old suitcase!  I believe the number on the side is related to his service in the armed forces.  I have not cross-referenced it with any of his information yet, but I will.  Mom used to hide our Christmas gifts in this and others above the living room closet by the front door in St. Johns.

Here's another one of those suitcases that were above the closet.  Let me know if you want a "classic".  Guaranteed not to have anyone mistake this baby for theirs at the airport!! ha.

Here's another treasure - one of the really old style suitcases.  Would like to know the year these were bought if anyone has that memory.  We could probably research it and find out an approximate date.

Here's a top shot of that suitcase.

Here's a set of scriptures.  It has "H & V Heap" printed on the front.  It's the Book of Mormon, D&C, Pearl of Great Price set (no bible).

Mom must have made this one.  I don't remember it at all, so if someone does, let me know.

This was made by Etta B. Heap.  She must have given it to Mom or Dad.  I have no memories of it but if someone does, just let me know.

Wow. . . . how do we decide who gets this?  If anyone has any ideas let me know.  This is probably one of those items that we'll have to put everyones names in a hat and have a name drawn out.  This is what we'll do with this piece if no one has any objections.  If you don't really care to be in the drawing, please let me know and I'll pull your name out.

Here's Dad's old cowboy hat that he would usually wear when he went to 26 Bar or over to New Mexico to buy bulls.  That's the only times I remember him wearing it.

Did someone give this to Mom & Dad?  I have no memory of it.

Peg, did you make this for Dad?  It's a sign Dad hung up in his first real estate trailer he had in front of the elm tree in St. Johns.  Let me know if you made this for him Peg.  

I think a lot of us remember this little sign.  Let me know if you have a burning desire for this little treasure.

This piece I believe was done by Grandma Heap??  I can't remember for sure, and I don't remember it in St. Johns.  Mom must not have liked it too much cause she had it hanging way high behind the ceiling fan in the foyer of the Alpine place.  Any takers?

We will all remember this piece.  Copper bowl that Mom had in her bedroom in St. Johns.  It was one of those "catch-all" bowls for all kinds stuff.  May need to "lottery" this piece out as well.  Let me know what you all think.

This is Mom's old sewing bucket.  I don't have any memories of it, but I'm sure the girls do.

Here's another treasure, that may have to be given via the "lottery" system.  You should all recognize this piece as the tray Dad always had on top of his chest of drawers next to his bed in St. Johns while we grew up.  I rarely saw the bottom of this tray because of all the small stuff and coins that were always in the bottom of it.  It's a beautiful tray!


Well, that's it . . . . .  for now.  If I find anything else up there next summer that I think any of you might be interested in I'll post it.  Again, if no one has an immediate burning desire for some of these pieces, we'll just keep them up there and a lot of them will stay right where they're hanging or sitting now, until someone says, "I'd like to have that."

Thanks again for all your kindness and understanding.  It's so nice that there has not been any bickering or bad feelings. . . .  let's keep it that way.

Love,  Gordon

No comments: